May 22, 2010

Mother's Day Bake Sale 7



I used deeper more square boxes without a window on top for the chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. Before I loaded the cookies into the boxes, I lined each box with butcher's paper - heavy white paper that is waxy on one side. I figured this would reduce "greasy" spots on the boxes and help keep the cookies fresher.

I still struggle with getting cookies the right amount of crunchy and chewy in our oven. Some of these cookies felt a little too crunchy for my taste. I decided they still probably tasted just fine so I included a serving suggestion on their tags: Microwave for a couple seconds, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and make a sandwich!

Sooooo good!

I learned an interesting baking tip from this recipe. I typically line my cookie sheet - I don't have any of those fancy silicone liners or air-bake sheets cause I don't bake enough to justify that type of gear - with wax or parchment paper. For whatever reason, the paper sometimes makes the smoke alarms ring. I can't figure out why this happens as there is no smoke and no burning smell. Using the vent hood doesn't seem to help. At any rate, this recipe recommended lining the cookie sheet with aluminum foil. It worked like a charm and no blaring smoke alarms! I'll definitely try this tip from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment