May 22, 2010

Mother's Day Bake Sale 1



Every year on Mother's Day weekend, our block has a bake sale. We use the proceeds to help fund our summer block party. Unfortunately, in years past I've been unable to participate because we have been out of town. This year everything worked out. I have a tendency to over-commit but it typically works out.

I made an ambitious list:
Lemon Chamomile Shortbread
Sugar-crusted Raspberry Muffins
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
and. . .
DOG TREATS!

I figured the folks in our neighborhood are pretty wild about their pets so perhaps homemade dog treats would be a good item.

You should understand I don't find baking that enjoyable. It's much too precise for my skill set. I can typically crank out something average however. So in order to set my goods apart I went with something I'm much better at: Presentation.

Here you see some of the packaging for Molly's Muffins and Tilghman's Treats. These never actually made it to the bake sale unfortunately. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment