May 22, 2010

Mother's Day Bake Sale 5



Boxing up the bake sale goodies. As I mentioned, my baking skills are average so I wanted my packaging to really make a good impression. Of course C said I was going way overboard. Needless to say I felt quite smug when I learned one lady on our block baked 60 pound cakes. . .That's right 60. Compared to that effort, I look like a slacker!

I have never explored the baking aisles at the national craft store chains (Michael's or JoAnn's) because I typically don't bake. However, I was very pleased when I started looking around. One of my concerns was how to package the goodies. Luckily, they make these very professional looking bakery boxes in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

And yes, I probably did go a little overboard in terms of purchasing packaging. . .but I didn't want to be stuck with too few. This you will find, is a common theme with me. . .If 12 boxes are good, 20 would be better!

I won't let them go to waste. Just yesterday, I baked the shortbread again for a friend. She appreciated the packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment