July 25, 2010

Seashells, Slipcovers and Ticking. . .



I have mentioned before that I have to be ruthless in terms of editing decorative items because the house is so small. Here you see a few of my favorite things. . .

Books I love.

A cast iron owl, that was in my paternal grandparents house. Originally a black trivet, I spray painted it white. I suppose it could still be a trivet but I've always just loved how pretty it is. I've always found it very thought provoking for some reason.

Some dominoes. I don't know how to play. But I'm hoping sometime a friend or acquaintance will visit and show me how.

A punch cup and glass party tray. I have a set of these and I love them. They are very 1950's. I got them from a flea market/antique dealer in Huntingdon a few years ago. I would imagine they are quite common based upon the price I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment