July 25, 2010

Seashells, Slipcovers and Ticking. . .



There's been a lot of HomeEckWreck-ing going on here. Not doing a great job of sharing lately. But I'm going to attempt to do a better job of sharing my doing. . .

As you can see in the above-pic, I've finally gotten the house in her little summer sundress of white slipcovers, seashells, and ticking.

I wasn't lucky to find this sand dollar in its natural environ. It was purchased. In the past, I have purchased shells.

However, due to my concerns about sustainability, try to rarely purchase shells or sponges, or corals. If you are looking for instant beach chic consider small pebbles, sea glass, driftwood, and sand.

I consider collecting shells that washed up on the beach acceptable so long as it's allowed at that particular beach. Just be sure to take only what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment