April 14, 2010

Project Weekend - Table #003



We headed to Sherwin Williams for some good quality latex paint. Glossy. Pure white. (C had a choice between black or white and he very wisely chose the white. I'm glad he picked white because I was leaning towards black. That would have been a mistake.)

I also purchased a couple of quality "foam" roller covers. Since I was painting furniture, I didn't want any nap on the roller so things could be as sleek as possible.

People discuss proper preparation for painting and I agree it is a key component. So I placed some newspaper under the legs. I lightly sanded some of the rougher places on the crackle finish. I wiped everything down really well. And I patiently painted in thin layers making sure the paint was definitely dry before adding another coat.

Things worked out pretty well. . .by Monday evening, the table was ready to take it's new and important spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment