March 30, 2010

Blue Print for Disaster? III



Once the towels are dry, you need to iron. And iron. And iron.

Once the towel is uniformly wrinkle-free, you need to put more wrinkles in it!

You can press folds into the towel. They can help to get the iron-transfer centered.

For these simple tea towels, I folded the towel in half making sure the little "hang loop" was at the top of the fold. I pressed firmly with a hot but dry iron.

I then folded in half horizontally again. I did this because I wanted the pattern to be fully visible if the towel was folded in half over a towel bar, etc. I pressed this crease.

And then I folded the towel again. This time creating a vertical fold. Ironed the crease.

I took pics of each step. If you need help deciphering my instructions, please comment and I'll post the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment