July 19, 2010

Summer Spruce Up Projects - Slip Covers 4



Plus this: Last summer, C and I checked out the Maryland Historical Society. That place is amazing! If I knew how to link or cross-post, I'd direct you to my "review/tour" of the place at HomeEckWreck. At any rate, my souvenir was a dish towel that resembled the vintage towels with all the attractions from the state on it. It wasn't cheap - nearly $25! - but when I purchased it, I knew. . Just knew. . .I could make it into a pillow cover. One year later, I was up for the challenge.

Here you see I have very bravely cut the towel into several pieces.

I had a pillow insert that I knew would work size-wise. So I folded the towel in half. Ironed. Cut on the crease. Then I took the "non printed" side of the towel and folded in half again. Ironed. Cut on the crease. This gave me three pieces.

The two "quarters" would form the back of the pillow with the "euro-sham" slit that could accommodate the pillow insert. The printer "half" would form the front of the pillow.

I never measure anything and typically this results in my being a huge fabric hog. This time, I had very little room for error so I sewed my seams very very carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment