April 22, 2010

Closet Case #27



This is still in the early stages. . .

How HomeEckWreck runs a closet (since middle school - no joke):

1. Organized by color
2. Needs to be neat, pleasing to the eye, and inspiring
3. Needs to make me feel like I'm shopping in a high end boutique
4. Respect the clothes - proper hangers, tissue paper, cedar chips, sachets, etc
5. Don't forget the accessories

Our closet is open to our bedroom by design. C and I are both neat nicks and I can lie in bed in the morning surveying my wardrobe, looking for inspiration. An open closet is good for our space constraints and it's great for my lazy "what to wear" habits.

I'm ruthless with my editing. If it hasn't been worn in a year, it's gone. I give all my clothes to my Mom. My family gets to check it out and she takes the rest to a consignment shop where all proceeds benefit the Humane Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment