February 27, 2010

The Point of These Posts

When I started the original Home Eck Wreck , I was planning to feature design and art and other domestic pursuits cooking, party planning, etc. However, it also quickly became a spot for posting various rantings, funny observations and photos from our various local adventures.

After a year of randomness, I've decided to make another go at more focused content, hence this blog.

I'm not a designer. I'm not an artist or event planner. I work full time in an industry that frequently allows little creative leeway. So this blog will be a good place for me to share my creative pursuits.

I've been studying a lot of blogs that seem similarly dedicated to this pursuit and I find that they post a lot of content they resource from magazines or other blogs - especially beautiful magazine quality shots of interiors. I do love that sort of inspiration; however, my goal is to keep that to a minimum on this blog. I might link to it but my hope is to post mostly original content.

The original Home Eck Wreck will not fundamentally change. It will still be a forum for my general insanity.

At some point, I hope to offer some of my work to be purchased. I'm not sure if that will happen directly from this page, or Etsy or both or neither? I'm still researching the need for business licenses and so forth. No matter, I plan to donate a portion of proceeds to various charities. Keep visiting for updates.

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment